Saturday, January 9, 2010

Murals







Yes, MAH WALLS. They rock. They rock so uber epically. I have murals EVERYWHERE and I've still got quite a few to go. I'm posting pictures above because blogger is being so fracking (Battlestar Galactica ftw) stupid and won't post them below. No detail shots 'cause I'm too lazy. :D Enjoy, give constructive crits if you can. Anything not said in English is the scientific name of the animal (or mythical creature, classified to the best of my ability).

From the bottom up:

Garden snail: text reads Helix Aspersa. I drew this on my own, it is the smallest mural. There's a penney on the right for scale. Complete.
Emperor Penguins: Dacota drew these, text reads "It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry." - Joe Moore Complete except for text.
Wyvern: Collaborative effort between Dacota and myself, text reads Draco Africanus. Complete except for face detail and the hindpaws.
Giant Squid: I don't know how well you can see this one but...It's done except for three arms and some of the suckers. (Squids have eight arms and two tentacles with large flat "clubs" on the ends. ) Dacota did a few suckers, I did the rest.
Fennec Fox: Dacota drew this, text reads Vulpes Zerda. Complete except for text.
European Hare: I drew this on my own. Text reads Lepus Europaeus and "Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them and pretty soon you have a dozen." - John Steinback. Complete.

So that's it! I have several more to go, and they will be posted at a later date, as well as finished pictures of the Wyvern and Squid pencil sketches. I do plan on painting these.
Aieee, this is going to take a lot of work.

Loves! <3

2 comments: